Eight cabanas of "Ruuk Village" are designed to resemble a typical Sri Lankan village, spread out over 9000SQm
Kalpitiya, a remote and an authentic fishing village on the west coast of Sri Lanka. A three hour drive away from the international airport of Colombo (Bandaranaike International Airport). We organize your airport pickup at any time of the day, either in a Japanese vehicle or in our Old school VW-Bully
At "Ruuk Village", with its Eco friendly wooden cabanas, luxury can be experienced in its natural form. You can choose between 5 standard cabanas, with private open air shower and shared WCs or 3 brand new wooden cabanas. Ensuite have their own WC and shower area as one unit. Both types of cabanas provide a private sitting area.
Visitors interested in kiting, wind surfing are sure to enjoy the stunning nature. Visitors can experience a very special society & culture which is special to the northern part of Sri Lanka. At "Ruuk Village" you will find the perfect start to a unique adventure through the country.
Besides clean and economical accommodation in cozy wooden cabanas which are solar powered during day time, we will ensure that you also enjoy the local food in all its authenticity. It is not boasting if we say, that Ruuk Village has the best cook in town who prepares Sri Lankan food. "Ruuk Village" offers you everything you need for very special personalized holiday.
One highlight of Kalpitiya is to explore the unspoiled northern islands (40-60 mins boat ride away) either during kitesurfing or simply during a boat trip.
If nature is what you want to discover, we are only 90 mins away from Wilpattu National Park, where you come across number of species which are specific to dry zone.
We want our visitors at "Ruuk Village" to get closer to nature and to feel that they are home away from home.
Two types of CABANAS
- Standard cabana has two single beds - which can also be set up as a double bed - made out of Palmyra tree trunks and wood. The mattresses are customized to accommodate taller individuals. Made out of natural rubber from the Sri Lankan rubber production.
- Standard Cabana rates include Bed&Breakfast. And in double occupancy is 23€ (per person)
- Standard cabana - Bed&Breakfast in single occupancy is 28€
- We also offer 3 brand new "Ensuites" with private WC and open air shower
- Since December 2015 we also offer the one and only Volkswagen Caravan in Kalpitiya ( a T2 / Bully), and whole of Sri Lanka. A UNIQUE experience by the Kalpitiya main Lagoon
- During the day, common area offers solar powered electricity to support charging of mobile equipment
- Kitesurfing (Island Trips) - Kite safaris in Kalpitiya
- Kayaking (Local ) free of charge. SUP useage is included in case of full board.
- National park excursions
- Deep sea fishing tours
- Dolphins and blue whale excursions ( from September to April )
- Kalpitiya village center guided tour in our trusted TukTuk
- Complimentary bicycles to discover Kalpitiya and the surroundings
- Take a boat and visit the river which is a bit north of Kalpitiya or with a Kayak. Elephant tree which is 700 years old.
- Visit the old Dutch church in Kalpitiya ( by boat )
- Day trips to Dambulla / Sigirya / Anamaduwa temple / Anuradhpura / Kandy can be organized with our Local Guide.
- In the month of August, day trip to view the "Kandy perahara"
- NO WIND activities
- Solar power throughout the day ( kindly refrain from leaving unwanted bulbs switched on), in case there is no Solar in the cabana during your stay, kindly inform the team ASAP.
- Stand alone Solar re-charging station for mobile phone and pads charging
- Assistance doing your groceries and beverages ( on request)
- Authentic Rice & Curry cooked on wooden stove in clay pots
- variety of breakfast including Sri Lankan breakfast style.
- High speed WIFI (4G) in public area
- House boat(taxi) to cross the lagoon based on a timetable (extra charges apply - flat rate per day)
- On request portable fans to minimize the heat when there is no wind during the nights.
- Housekeeping around the clock ( on request ), to avoid wastage of valuable resources we use a card where you can highlight your wishes.
- One a week Pizza night ( minimum 5 guests )
- Electricity is generated using our generator and available from 18:00 - 22:30Hrs, on request even longer. But we try to reduce our carbon foot print on environment, we believe it is every ones responsibility to be cautious.