WILPATTU NATIONAL PARK SAFARI - TWO DAYS / ONE NIGHT or even half day
Two Days / One Night:
- Leave by boat to Willpatu and spend a night in the Wilpattu area in an eco based small guest house. very personal and authentic to suite Ruuk Village's overall concept.
- You are picked up by a boat after breakfast at Ruuk Village entrance
- You are then taken by boat to the point where safari jeep will pick you up
- Spend the afternoon within the Wilapttu national park
- Entrance tickets are covered
- Water and a refreshments.
- You are bought back to our partner "Eco oriented accomadation" within the wilpattu national park area
- Enjoy a fish BBQ with a bon fire and some traditional music
- Spend the night.
- Sri Lankan authentic breakfast in the morning
- After breakfast visit "Kala oya" to spend the morning hours
- Lunch is served at the river ( optional ) or return back to Ruuk Village for lunch
In case you wish to be picked up at the Colombo international airport, we will arrange a driver to wait for you at arrival. The cost of this safari varies depending on the number of participants taking part, do drop us an email email@example.com
Half day tour:
- After breakfast leave by boat to the elephant tree ( 700) year old tree which was brought to Wilpattu area by Arab merchants to feed their goats / cattle
- drop off to the safari jeep
- Safari tour in to Wilpattu national park
- drop off to the boat and return to Ruuk Village
Why should you start your tour in Kalpitiya?
- Your accommodation is right by the indian ocean ( just across the Kalpitiya lagoon on the west coast of Kalpitiya)
- You get to experience two geographical areas during your stay ( Kalpitiya and Wilpattu). In Kalpitiya area with all its lagoons, fauna and flora. Watch the wild donkeys roam around freely and enjoy a beautiful sunset on our own private lagoon beach.
- Enjoy one of a kind boat ride across the Puttalam lagoon, if every visitor agrees you can even visit an ancient Portuguese church on your way to Wilpattu
- It is a unique trip, where only few of the visitors get to experience, maximum number of guests we accommodate is limited to 6
- After the Wilpattu safari (next day) discover an area which is unspoiled by mass tourisms
- If you hold a Sri Lankan passport or a resident Visa the listed price is diffrent. Contact us for more details.