what we offer:
- Kite lessons / private Lessons - all levels
- Kite Rentals
- Latest CORE Kites and CrazyFly equipment
- Helmets and impact vests
- Downwinder, Kite-safaris to magic spot. and to other 14 lagoons around Kalpitiya. Overnight stays are also organized ( minimum 4 guests )
- Trips to Mannar in our old school Volkswagen Bulli , Mannar is the next kiting destination north of Kalpitiya ( aprox 140km ).
- Overnight stay trips to Hikkaduwa or to Arugambay depending on wind conditions, discover different places in Sri Lanka
"Ruuk Village's" Main-founder came to Kalpitiya to learn kiting and fell in love with nature and serenity of Kalpitiya.
And it all turned in to a small sustainable "eco friendly" project. Motivation behind the project is not purlely profit (driven by maximising profit year after year), eventhough we do nee healthy profit to grow organically. We believe in Organic healthy growth, where the project does not have to carry the burden of "n" number of investors. This is the reason why "Ruuk Village" took enough time to choose a partner for the KITESCHOOL execution. This person had to fit in to the concept of what "Ruuk Village" had in mind for Kalpitiya in general.
Our Motto is "Quality instead of quantity"
After long discussions with "Daniel", RuukVillage finally found the suitable partner to establish a kite-school. Daniel works according to VDWS standards and a rental service with latest equipments / material from CORE and CrazyFly.
Our kite school will be open during the main wind season from May to September and December to March. During the rest of the time, our local kite team will be available to guide you and to assist you. And also offer you beginner lessons/consulting and guiding.
The kite-crew works according to the standards of the VDWS (international kitesurfing association) To ensure highest safety standards impact/floating vests and helmets are included in every beginner lesson and are optionaly available for rent.
During the winter season we are proud to be the only kiteschool, which is able to teach right in front of the gate. The teaching conditions are just perfect with plenty of room, shallow water and constant sideshore wind ( check the below video for more details )