RUUK VILLAGE, KALPITIYA
61360 Thoradiya, Kalpitiya
Tel + 94 725056177 (Sri Lanka) ; WhatsApp + 94 710425874 (Sri Lanka)
Tel / WhatsApp + 49 177 3083369 (Germany)
Tel / WhatsApp + 41 79 3585945 (Switzerland)
HOW to GET TO KALPITIYA From Colombo international airport
It is 144km to Kalpitiya Ruuk Village. There are three possible ways to get there.
- Most comfortable and fastest way is by car / Taxi (takes about 3 hours depending on Traffic), which costs you around 69US$ / 59€ if you asked to be picked by our trusted drivers
- You can also organize a taxi at the airport too, the disadvantage being that most drivers don’t know where exactly you accommodations are located on the 44km long Kalpitiya Peninsula.
- By bus, this can take up about 5 hours or even a bit longer and you need to change buses. And if you have few pieces of luggage this can be a bit messy too.
- By train, do check exact train departure times, as the train time table cannot be compared with any other modern European train schedules.
- This is fun and can also be more adventures too. But when you are tired after your flight, not sure how many of you will want to take this option.
- Train ride can also take up to about 5-6 hours in total as you need to get off the train at "Palavi Junction" and then take a Tuk Tuk or a Bus further up to Kalpitiya ( 44km, if you need to go all the way up to Ruuk Village
Ruuk Village's Location
Call us or chat us on Skype
How to Get to Ruuk Village:
- Paste the following link in Google Maps to view the exact :"Ruuk Village" location
- "Ruuk Village" is about 2 km away from the town centre and therefore closest you can be to main lagoon and to town centre of Kalpitiya.
- Enter the following in google maps to get visual directions from the Colombo - Puthlam main road: Palavi Junction to "Ruuk Village"
locationS of our EXCRUSIONS: